In the morning, I started painting the stones with thin washes of coffee & tea, and eventually dry brushed other colors, though as usual I should have started in a back corner so that by the time I got to the front I'd have my technique down a bit more....but again, that would be logical.......not me.
Another flub was that I decided I had to raise my building up a bit so I could build those steps. I used random pieces of flooring off-cuts to build up a base, crammed some foam board into the cracks, removed the building & proceeded onward. No measuring required! Consequently today when I sat the building back on it nothing fit- the steps needed to be trimmed on one side & filled on the other. But that's how things are done here!
Stay tuned....shipments have arrived & the shop is preparing for it's grand opening!